Dear Faithful Praying Family & Friends,
Stephen & I are leaving for our vacation tomorrow! We decided to postpone my further treatment [which I described in my post of last week.] Since I did not have the “port” surgically implanted, I can swim on vacation with Stephen, which I was so looking forward to! We will be out of town until 08.11.09. While we are gone, the OncoTypeDx test will be conducted [the lab and my tissue is in CA]. It takes 10-14 days. The purpose of this diagnostic tool is to provide information which will guide the patient and the medical team in planning further treatment. So, my chemo is “on hold” at this point, until Stephen & I have an opportunity to do some further research, which we will resume after vacation.
I will probably be “off-line” during vacation but I look forward to writing to you again after I return. In the meantime, please pray that Stephen & I would be wise and make good decisions about further treatment. Thank you for reading this and for praying!
Benedictus es, Domine.