Dear Faithful Praying Family & Friends,
Thank you for your prayers of last week! Dr. Carroll gave me a seven day delay, which means I did not go for chemo last week at all. I will go in two days, on 10.19.09. Evidently the short-term effects of chemo subside after about 22 days post-chemo, as I began to heal and strengthen and feel “normal” again! That week of healing was a wise decision and I know many of you were praying for wisdom. Thanks!
Here is the list of prayer points from Georgia, from last week:
“Let us join together in prayer, that:
– that the Lord will intervene and take charge of the whole treatment and healing process.
– that the Lord will magnify our limited and fallible, though heartfelt, prayers that they will avail for you mightily.
– that for every side-effect and difficulty you have (thus far) endured in this treatment, the real target, the cancer, is receiving a 10-fold assault and complete destruction.
– that the Lord will prevent further such deep suffering, danger and crisis in all future rounds of treatment.
– that He will let the most bitter cup pass from you.
– that He will direct all the destructive effects of the chemotherapy to be sent directly to any and every cancer cell that remains.
– that as you are joined with Him and we are joined with you and thus with each other in the fellowship of His suffering, that you will receive innumerable prevailing consolations, graces, mercies, even His peace and joy. (Philippians 3:10)
– that the Lord will draw from the prayers, intercessions and praises of innumerable fellow believers and sufferers around the world and throughout the ages, the spiritual power to see you and Stephen and your family through this every moment, every day.
In the Name that is above every name, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.”